The Gateway-Wheeler State School for the Severely Handicapped is one of the agencies we are honored to serve. They are located in the City of St. Louis ( 63103) We will be providing toys for 87 children. The children range in age from 6 - 20 years, and have a mental age range of 3 months - 8 years of age. There are boys and girls and many of the children are in wheelchairs.
In the past we have provided toys based on gender, age and mental age. Guessing at what would be appropriate. This year we have asked the staff for a "wish list" of items that were needed by the children, or that would be most appropriate for the children. We are doing our best to try to fill their requests within the limits of our financial capabilites. Would you like to help out?
Here are some of the things we need.
- Children's Music CDs
- Baseball hats
- Children's story books on tape/cd
- Play musical instruments - piano key board, tambourine, drums
- Portable CD players/Radios
- Edmark Reading CD ( K - 3)
- Rap CDs ( Nelly, Alecia Keys
- Large See and Say toys ( animals, rhymes)
- Tyler Perry Movies
- Woman's Ring size 9 -10
- Portable/ hand held electronic games
- Exercise Ball - large
- bubble machine
- wagon ( for 8 year old girl, mental age under 1 year)
- Digital watch ( 17 year old - mental age 8 years)
- Comedy DVDs
- Race car game ( 19 year old - mental age 8 years)
- Posters of sports heroes
- Scooter board
If you are able to help us out you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 314-865-1677 or send a check to BRO 4262 Cleveland Ave. St. Louis, MO 63110. If you are interested in donating thru PAYPAL contact us thru the email address above for our account name.
Our toy distribution begins Monday, December 1 , 2008. We anticipate serving 3,200 + children this year. Keep us in mind if you are cleaning out the kids closets! We'll take those gently used toys and books!